View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #66 (permalink)
bowefan

I know what your saying, and I feel your pain. I think it's unfair. I been there before, working my arss off all year to make 600 to 800 back and sometimes paying up to 500 dollars back to the government. I in no way discount what your saying. Believe me, even with the extra money, it still doesn't go far with 6 kids and a wife. Sometimes over the last year I scratch my head and wonder how I ever got through the year on such a low income. Thank god I am in a State that is light on the pocketbook. No way I could survive in States like, California, Texas,Flordia or New York.

Maybe a flat tax is a better solution, that way everyone is equal, but even with that, somehow the government would screw that up.
I don't know what to say. You are getting screwed,but on the other hand, with more companies closing or going over seas. I believe I am getting screwed. This isn't the America I grew up in, this isn't the America that Reagan said the people don't work for government, the government works for the people.
I am just trying to make it day to day just like the rest of you. I am not going to say I am sorry for having 6 kids and having my job taken away from me and I am surely not going to say sorry because I got more money back than someone else.
I will leave you guys with this. When I was struggling , a man once told me to stop feeling sorry for myself and stop blaming other people for my problems and feel jealously toward others for what they had. Instead get on your knees and pray to god, not for lesser burdens but for a stronger back to carry your burdens.
bowefan is offline   Reply With Quote