View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Razorsharp79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCooper1979 View Post
Im right there with you. Im a fan of Kaepernick because i am a Niners fan. and he's fun too watch. outside of that he hasn't proved anything long term. I bought these cards ALL before he ever started and most of them before this season even began. as far as the sale, if it goes through, it goes through. If not Ill keep them. I believe it will go through based on the fact that when we first started talking about it he put 3k cash in front of me trying to get me to jump at it. just didn't want to do it yet. this market is so volatile i figure worst case scenario i sell them all for 2k easily on ebay. best case scenario he wins and gets MVP. then his value will be above Tom Brady for a couple of weeks until the shock wears off. Either way Im playing with house money. Kinda hard to lose.
Even more reason to sell now. He wins his prices will not bump up more than 20-30%, he loses his prices will drop possibly 50-60%...if he gets hurt, his prices will plummet.

I do not know how it would be possible for a 4,000 cash offer to be topped for those 3 cards. that is like 4,300 ebay roughly counting paypal fees, shipping and insurance, and ebay fees. He wins the value on those will not be 5,000 or more? So why hold out for 700 more roughly, the risk is not worth the reward of holding them...he loses those 3 cards are not worth 1,500 since no one remembers second place...and if he gets hurt i would be sick...never miss an opportunity like this, it is what people prospecting dream about.........
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote