View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #200 (permalink)
monkeymcgee

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to post the last one in this thread since I started the thread.

I agree with Roy that we've said about all there needs to be said about it at this point.

Everyone has some strong feelings about this and I understand the frustration of people busting wax getting what they feel is poor value and the artists who feel disrespected by what they perceive are entitled collectors and flippers.

The gatekeeper in this dispute needs to be the party that benefits the most from the collector/artist dynamic: the card companies.

I've been thinking a lot about the points from Spider-Fan and others and I do agree that the easiest solution here is for the card companies not to allow sketches that are not up to par into the product to begin with. This would force the artists to do better and you'd avoid the extreme disappointment on the side of people opening the product.

Obviously this thread has shown there is a strong artist/collector dynamic going on under the surface and it's unfortunate that it has at times turned into an us vs. them situation. I believe we're all on the same side here: other than the folks who *only* do this for the money, we collect these cards or open these products because we really enjoy what the artists create. The artists do things I cannot do and I'm legitimately in awe with some of the great work we come across on these tiny 2.5 x 3.5 "canvases".

I hope some of our frustration about cards like this one hasn't overshadowed the fact that we are fans of the art and artists.

Anyway, I'm going to request this thread be locked and we can all move on to other things now

[Inactive]

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 01-27-2013 at 08:41 AM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote