View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
mr10pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I don't know what eBay you're looking at, but there's plenty of retail boxes. There's one at $98 that hasn't sold. And the guy with them at $110 obo with a huge quantity available. People also started selling individual packs on eBay.

And to account for those people that only post good breaks here, there are also HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of people that DON'T post any breaks here ... maybe on another site, or maybe they don't post on the internet at all?

Maybe there are THOUSANDS of retail boxes that aren't on eBay? There could be a thousand sealed cases at Walmart warehouse, a thousand at Target warehouse.

Why do you think this is not a possibility? You (and some others) seem to be so engulfed in the craze that rationality leaves the equation.

Please tell me why this specific Blowout box breaks section and eBay are the ONLY two resources for a RETAIL product to show up?!
FULL DISCLOSURE, I like the greens and am buying for a potential run at a set, but I also don't believe they are limited to 40-50 copies.

Like you, all I can do is speculate as to how much of this is out there.

I will say this, I highly doubt there is a thousand sealed cases at either Target or Wal-Mart because I don't believe they buy direct; I thought they purchased through a third party merchandiser. I would think that if these big boys were buying direct, then if product were widely available it would be on the shelves. Wal-Mart and Target have two of the most efficient supply chains in retailing. With SKU tracking and purchase volume tracking, they would know this stuff was selling out quickly and be ordering more on a store-specific basis. The third party merchandiser is likely not nearly as efficient, so it is entirely possible that they (merchandiser) could be sitting on large quantities. However, I would also think they are doing some SKU tracking and would know what is selling so they could re-stock, but my real life experience locally tells me they simply aren't that good based on how I see things get restocked.

One other thing I would say is that this is not a retail only product; it is the retail release of a product. That makes a difference, however large or small.

The other thing I find interesting is that there are presently 51 Hobby Boxes and 3 Hobby Cases available on eBay. There are 27 Retail Boxes available. Also, I went to about 4-5 major wax sites and all have Hobby available online; only Blowout has Retail. Admittedly, I could have missed something somewhere and just becasuse it's not on the site doesn't mean it's not available.

I'm just beginning to believe we aren't going to see the retail continue to show up in stores in large quantities. I also would have thought that if retail was produced in such massive quantities, we would have seen blaster boxes of it as well.

All in all, I think it's a really interesting product and I look forward to seeing how it plays out. Heck, beyond the scarcity or lack thereof, I'm interested to see if the greens remain popular even if they are really scarce. Sometimes, as you all know, scarcity doesn't equal high value.
mr10pin is offline   Reply With Quote