View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #204 (permalink)
Lak Lim

Hi guys, I guess this will be my intro post to the non-sports section of Blowout Cards. I know I'm late in the discussion but I been reading the posts and just wanted to mention something I have not seen brought up. Not all artists who works on sketch cards are "sketch card people". By that I mean they may not be aware of the card community nor do they care. They work on sketch cards only as an assignment. And the only obligation they have is to the company that hires them. Which on contract only requires the artist to draw a sketch that needs to be approved. No more, no less. This is probably why we see some artists taking on such high volume work and produce quick sketches such as the one mentioned in this discussion. If you step back and see it from the point of view of someone NOT in the sketch card community. There is perfectly NOTHING wrong with the sketch when you consider what was contractually expected of the hiring company. Just thought I'd share a another possible perspective to this.
Lak Lim is offline   Reply With Quote