View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adamchuk

Default Before the 2013 Topps barage...INSANE Box of 2012 Bowman Jumbos

So I have to give credit where credit is due, after True NE broke a box of 2012 Bowman Jumbo yesterday in Boston I inquired which LCS had it. Stopped by the shop today and he had one box left so I scooped it up. The regular parallel hits were pretty decent:

Harper Chrome and Base
Cespedes Gold Base Parallel
Trout Gold Base Parallel
Gerrit Cole Silver Ice
Jackie Bradley Blue Border /500

Then there was a hint of gold...since it was in the auto spot praying for something decent....Greg Bird Gold Refractor (non-auto) /50 (oh well it was a gold at least)

Then I hit my first auto...Greg Bird base (my 6th) and figured based on my other Bird boxes I was in for a beating...then this guy showed up

Little bit of a streaky auto but hey its Oscar, not complaining and all was right with the world...yeah I know should be 3 autos right.....

Bammmm, card is absolutely pristine (marks and edges are from scanner) and will be heading to BGS unless a serious offer comes in

Also picked up one box of OPC Hockey for those of you that care and hit this

1:4000 packs - Washington Capitals 9-11 Commemorative Team Logo Patch TL-95 SSP which is a really really tough pull

All in all, a great day at the LCS and huge shoutout to True NE who will get a finders fee for all this