View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #267 (permalink)
unamuzd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Congratulations, you win the award for the most absurd and vapid thing I've read on blowoutcards.com.
Ah, I see that the level of intellectual discourse is about as low here as it is on most of the internet. This does explain your signature a bit.

Seeing how welcoming the community is here, I'll wander off to other corners of the web. Maybe go argue politics and religion or whatnot - things that are worthy of pointless personal attacks.

If you're going to try building arguments, I'd suggest not leaving holes in them through which trucks can be driven. If you don't like being called out on gross generalizations, unsupportable assumptions, and hand-waving in the guise of "logic," try not posting such. The ability to string together sentences with polysyllabic words is not in and of itself all that impressive, though in the modern public discourse environment it's often mistaken for high intellect.

Don't get me wrong. I think you're clearly a smart guy. I don't see a reason to try to make the moral argument you tried to make, though, and for all the reasons noted above, in my opinion you failed. I, on the other hand, wasn't trying to make any argument at all. I think that destroying art is disrespectful, and selling altered art as unaltered is fraudulent. Those are opinions, not arguments, and I'm willing to own them as opinions along the same lines as the one I now hold about you.

Have fun with your community.
unamuzd1 is offline   Reply With Quote