View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey

Originally Posted by bullrat View Post
I'm going to try an envelope tomorrow to Canada. Will let you know how it turns out.
it will turn out fine just use a stronger security style envelope- available in bulk at most office supply stores (Costco is where I get mine). I wrap the plastic holder cards (inside a team bag) in a sheet of paper and secure at both ends with tape so it does not slide out. Insert into envelope. Seal and then I secure with standard clear packing tape on both sides. One or two cards fit nicely in here and the rate should be a lot lower than the $6.55.....I have done this on and off for the last 9-10 years to CA and worldwide for that matter, never had any issues, had a few guys bitch at me for a PWE but my process is hardly that. This is one of my workarounds for sure and I will clearly state in the item description that this is how single/double cards will come. Even the lower point sized jersey/hit cards should be a go this way. I really doubt the CA buyers want to be paying $7.00usd for S&H for 2/3/5/10 buck card auction wins. After I got over the shock of my Monday shipping experience I have begun to think about workarounds, this is certainly one of them, without CA and Euro buyers I am toast on fleabay. Best part of what I just described; no customs form is required thought it might be prudent to still fill one out.

Good dialogue here fellas- lots of great ideas and comments.......keep the thoughts coming.........
Metro DC's top line source for hockey cards since '89
Proud supporter of USA Hockey
now on Twitter @allhockeyva
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote