View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #255 (permalink)
aggie4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
While I'm posting, I'd like to apologize to the board for the "erasing the sketch" thread. I had been warned repeatedly that this topic could not be discussed without it turning into a mess. With hubris, I thought we could be different. Alas, it was not to be.
I don't think you have anything to apologize for. It was a good topic that a lot of people were interested in, and that a lot of people wanted to talk about. It's just too bad that a handful of people dragged the discussion off track and then took things too far and became mean or insulting.

I actually gained some good insights from several of the artists before the thread spiraled out of control. I just hope the board hasn't run off many of those artists based on how the thread ended.

What's really sad is that I have no problem with the amount of effort put in by any of the artists that have posted here on BO, and I've been happy with all of the sketches I've pulled from them. In fact, many top notch artists have popped in over the past year or so (unfortunately too often for only a handful of posts before they leave). I think very few of them get the sense that we appreciate their work in particular and would love to see them post more often, because all they see is a lot of threads with people bickering or complaining about low quality sketches. And that overshadows all of the praise for the great sketches that we see.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote