View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #405 (permalink)
davepeters239
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyfreeround View Post
Also the person that would be entitled to the replacement would be the person that pulled the card. It was sold onthe secondary market, and you bought it knowing it was an error card. Thats like dumping a whole bunch of stocks knowing that the price is going to drop. You knew the situation and feel like you should get something out of it. So you proceeded to purchase something that was made clear to you that it was an error card.
You didn't perhaps read where I said I bought this as an error but did not know it was the 94 1/1 card as the error.

Once I knew that I knew for sure this was an error I wanted corrected.

This is what was said about this very card in the December 2005 issue of Beckett

"During production, chrome cards have a tendency to stick together. This is what most likely happened and an unknown number of unsigned cards were accidentally inserted into packs. Any collector in possession of these cards needs to contact our customer service department so we can resolve the situation."

If you notice the last part it doesn't say anything about original owner or anything else. it simple says any collector in possession of these cards needs to contact our customer service department so we can resolve the situation.

That seems pretty simple and straightforward and that is what I did originally.

Also I don't think Topps or any other company for that matter has any rules on error cards or autograph cards missing the autograph.

I know they have guidelines for like missing hits and damaged cards but nothing specific for error cards. I think with an autograph card missing the autograph that is more of a guarantee or warranty issue and does not expire.