View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
tajikey
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
My point was when you take quality and reliability out of the equation, it really comes down to choice. I cant control how you use your device. But I can compare the quality of both.

Im in no way telling the guy to buy a mac unlike you PC guys that use the mentality (Buy PC or be a moron). What im saying is its personal choice. Just like buying a car and the reasons why you buy a certain car eventhough they both do exactly the same (Get you from point a to b).

My argument is more about spending money the way you want without having someone else telling you how they feel about it. $400 laptop vs $1500 laptop. Virtually no difference at the end of the day especially when youll spend that money in the near future anyways. Thats how I see things. Why not treat yourself? I mean you worked hard for it and earned it right!! lol
To be fair, I'm not a PC guy. I prefer to shop smart, not siloed.

A Mac costing more does not correlate to a Mac being of higher quality. I can do just as much on a Windows or Linux based computer as I can using OSX in any variation. Different strokes for different folks, J.

And I wouldn't use the car analogy, cause a Mac is NOT a BMW, or Mercedes, or Acura, or any kind of luxury-like item, it's a computer. Just like a Windows-based computer, Macs have "players" in the low-end side (by specs, as Mac doesn't know low-end price), much like a PC (Asus, Acer, Gateway, Dell), it's just that the Apple "Brand" assumes quality, when in reality, it moreso represents smoke and mirrors.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote