View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #68 (permalink)
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebo View Post
This is not my point at all. My point is that the hobby itself has gone too far. If you guys need to worry about this stuff it takes the fun right out of it. I don't think it should have ever gotten to this point where people are paying $500-$1,000 for a piece of cardboard with part of a jersey on it. It makes no sense to me, but hey I'll keep taking your 5%.
Well you're not very good at getting your point across then. Perhaps you should put more thought into your posts. And in reference to your last sentence, that sounds like somthing an upper deck employee/owner would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
Why shouldn't it go this far? Every other hobby in the world does. You can choose how much you want to put into it. I choose about 5%. But it pisses me off when they could get my 5% running an honest buiseness, but they choose to try and steal it. I love the patch cards, low numbered inserts, and rare items. It wouldn't be the same without them. I'll pay decent money for a Twins card with a piece of Mauers patch inserted into it, I think it's great. But if they are fake........screw em all.
I agree 100%, and I think everything about this post is common sense.