View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #119 (permalink)
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebo View Post
And when I say support me, I mean the PMs are about you. Not opinions for SK or against SK. They're not going to post them to the boards because you and your arrogance have driven them off the boards.
I'm pretty sure who you're talking about, and there are some pretty bad opinions in the real world about the guy I'm thinking of. I suppose we are both a little guilty of running someone off of a forum. I never intended that to happen though. I doubt you did either. If people choose to leave, that's their decision...right? At least that's what I was told a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebo View Post
I wasn't trying avoid your answer Matt. I was trying to spin it like you do. Apparently I am not as good at it as you are.

So, no. I don't believe shill bidding is wrong. I think abusing drugs is wrong, cheating on your wife is wrong, beating your kids is wrong. I don't think shill bidding a $10 football card is wrong.
Thank you for your answer.

I can't buy products from a seller that shill bids, whether it be a $10 card or $1000 card. Saying you believe it's not wrong does not mean you're a shill bidding seller. I'm just surprised that since the FBI investigates aucton houses for shill bidding and puts the known offenders in prison, AND since it's against eBay policy, that anyone would think shill bidding is OK. Even if it's only a $10 card.

That was my point to my question. I'm okay to let this thread die now. No need for any further posting by me.

I like and respect you Dave. I really do. I'm not just blowing smoke here. Hopefully some day we will meet and I can buy you dinner or a beer. I'd like to meet most of you guys in fact.

Take care all,

Matt