View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #82 (permalink)
KC35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadge View Post
I bought one of these and received it today. Hopefully I can answer some of the questions in this thread.

These do look like they were legitimately printed by Topps. The look and feel are the same as the real McCoy, the trademarks/text/printing on the card is flawless, the glossy texture on the front perfectly matches a Bowman Chrome card, etc, etc.

Having said that, they do look like they came off a sheet like the ones posted earlier in the thread because they are indeed slightly larger than the standard 2.5 x 3.5 card (a good comparison would be the card fits in a regular UltraPro penny sleeve, but does not fit in an UltraPro Premium penny sleeve [for those who know the slight size differences between the two]). However, whoever cut these did a damn good job as the centering is nearly perfect and the corners are sharp and straight.

I can't say I'm dissatisfied at all with the card, since there's probably a good chance each parallel color is a 1/1 if only one sheet of each color was manufactured. Another cool thing (for those who haven't noticed) is that some of these cards are variations from the ones that were actually chosen by Topps for the set... which is also pretty cool in my opinion.

For clarity, the cards aren't stamped with serial numbers as mentioned in other posts, and they have the autograph hue area on the front of the card like that of the actual autographed chrome cards.

And before you make any assumptions: No, I am not the guy who is selling these. I truly am new to the forum and this is my 1st post. lol
Which one did you buy?