Originally Posted by jtcswim87
And here are some of the reasons I like the NCAA:
- The fans/spirit that goes into it
- The tournament
- The games seem to be more exciting
- anything can happen
- The upsets
- the style of play
- the ranking system (may not appeal to most people, but I like to follow up on the rankings throughout the year)
- your fate does not depend on your recruiting class (see 2012-2013 Kentucky Wildcats)
- There isn't any trading or free agency to worry about
- The Cinderellas
- My favorite team is actually good
Some of these, along with the NBA reasoning, may be opinionated, but this is an opinionated thread, so I guess it fits
So you think Duke, Conneticut or Ohio St playing teams like SE Oklahoma St, Eastern Washington or other crappy teams is fun to watch and "Exciting". I'm not saying you are wrong because there is no wrong answer but many of your points are narrow minded.
By the way you say there are only 2 teams that are contenders for the championship in the NBA? Last I checked the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Nuggets and Pacers all have a shot. Plus if you ask most of the NY and LA people in this forum they will wholeheartedly say the Knicks and Lakers are also in the group.