Thread: NCAA or NBA?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
jtcswim87

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
So you think Duke, Conneticut or Ohio St playing teams like SE Oklahoma St, Eastern Washington or other crappy teams is fun to watch and "Exciting". I'm not saying you are wrong because there is no wrong answer but many of your points are narrow minded.

By the way you say there are only 2 teams that are contenders for the championship in the NBA? Last I checked the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Nuggets and Pacers all have a shot. Plus if you ask most of the NY and LA people in this forum they will wholeheartedly say the Knicks and Lakers are also in the group.
You actually brought up one of the problems I have with college ball: the out of conference schedule. I agree that this the biggest flaw of college basketball, however it is also the least important. The season only gets better as it goes along, and the games start to mean a lot more when you get into your conference schedule and eventually the tournament. So I guess what I am trying to say is that all of those boring games against SE Oklahoma St pay off in the end with all of these exciting games at the end.

Also, there is a difference between regular season contenders and actual contenders. The spurs an amazing regular season team with a great coach and leadership, however I think we have all seen what happens to them in the playoff. I think the same could be said for the nuggets. I will accept the clippers as a true contender and I think this is their first real season at the top. They could actually do something

Last edited by jtcswim87; 03-24-2013 at 10:57 AM.
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote