Thread: NCAA or NBA?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
realreodeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcswim87 View Post
You actually brought up one of the problems I have with college ball: the out of conference schedule. I agree that this the biggest flaw of college basketball, however it is also the least important. The season only gets better as it goes along, and the games start to mean a lot more when you get into your conference schedule and eventually the tournament. So I guess what I am trying to say is that all of those boring games against SE Oklahoma St pay off in the end with all of these exciting games at the end.

Also, there is a difference between regular season contenders and actual contenders. The spurs an amazing regular season team with a great coach and leadership, however I think we have all seen what happens to them in the playoff. I think the same could be said for the nuggets. I will accept the clippers as a true contender and I think this is their first real season at the top. They could actually do something
The Spurs have won 4 championships so yes, we have seen what they can do in the playoffs. Also teams like the Nuggets, Grizzlies and Clippers are what makes the NBA playoffs so dramatic. Anything can happen when you have a stout defensive team like the Grizzlies or Lob City lead by the best PG in the NBA. Then you have a team like the Nuggets who just can't lose at home and remind me a lot of the 2003-04 Pistons that beat the Powerful Lakers. No one saw that coming, right. So as you can see I would have to disagree with much of what you said. The proof is in the pudding.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote