View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #148 (permalink)
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4auto View Post
Wheeler. You made me aware that SK existed but guess why i dont collect it or never bought a SK card.

You have valid opinions and facts. But your "style" aint "cool" and many people that lurk probably dont collect SK because what you think helps SK is actually hurting SK.

Sometimes just be normal. Enjoy life.

Maybe if nothing is said of SK, i would seriously look in to what SK is about.

Wheeler, if you put this much effort in fighting for world peace and justice, this world would be a better place. Put SK in the back burner and use your relentless effort of promoting SK into a world peace campaign Then you would really solving problems that everyone could agree upon. <---- Serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskaaron View Post
One thing is for sure...nobody can ever question your passion for SK. I very much enjoy the time I spend on the hobby and my collection but I don't think I would care enough to reply time and time again to others bashing my favorite cards or my favorite part of the hobby. I might reply once or twice with a sentence or two but I would leave it at that. Especially the senseless bashers who are obviously at it just to get under someones skin. IMO, this does not make me any less passionate about my hobby. Now, I do care enough to reply time and time again when sharing opinions and reasonalbly discussing a topic.

When dealing with attackers, I feel it can come to a point when "giving in" to attackers means responding again and again......playing into their hand like that is exactly what they wanted.

Even with personal attacks. Anyone can say anything in a forum. It's very easy to send persoanl attacks when there is no face to face confrontation. Any coward can do it. For this reason these types of attacks would mean absolutely nothing to me. People in general act a little different in person than on a forum.

Earlier in life I might have felt differently but now, I dont look at it as "backing down." Life is just much to short to waste on sending insults (either personal or hobby realted) back and forth over the internet.

I have a different outlook on life since I became a husband.....and especially a father.
I would like to sincerely thank both of you for these posts. I appreciate them both...well written and points taken.

Now, back to the original purpose of this thread:

People are bringing up some very interesting points about exactly what these cards are and where they came from. There is absolutely no question these cards are worth a LOT more if they were "game-used" as apposed to "event-worn". I'm starting to wonder if people are way over-paying for both individual cards and sealed packs, boxes, and cases.

Keep digging fellow members. Let's shed some light on this dishonesty, if that is in fact what's going on here. Collectors, (WE), deserve to know the truth!