View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 12:58 AM   #44 (permalink)
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
21-21-3, .911 SV, 2.70 GAA with three shutouts doesn't seem that bad to me.
It's mediocre, and it's especially disappointing when his line the year before was 27-6-2, .910, 2.58

Quote:
I heard the Howard rumor from a friend who works at TSN. I won't name drop because it would cut me off when I need a scoop for an article here and there.
Heh, I broke the Bourque-to-Colorado trade on Rivals.com back in the day. My editor and I had a source high within the Avs' organization. Didn't bother him then, but apparently he got into some hot water when my editor ran with the Blake-to-Colorado talks two days before the deal got done. Lacroix HATED loose lips.

Stick to your guns. If someone asks for your source and says they won't believe you if you don't name your source, screw them. Let them not believe you. Having a good source is worth a lot more than...well, you have a source and you already know this.

Quote:
I'm going to be freelancing a bit again as a sports columnist in the area and might pick up a column in Beckett, I'm crossing my fingers on for that one, it would be a big break.
I look forward to reading your stuff, and Beckett would be lucky to have you.

Quote:
Detroit could deal Howard and possibly pick up Marc Denis who seems to have worn out his welcome in Tampa.
Denis would be absolutely incredible in Detroit. He'd finally live up to those lofty expectations coming out of junior (though, I have to say, for a year or two there back in CBus, he was a top ten-ish goalie if you judged him based purely on ability and performance rather than numbers).

Quote:
They could go with Hasek again and deal for Theodore or Raycroft or any number of 1A goaltenders that are out there... except I think Theodore has another Hart and Vezina in him, but I'm biased.
The Avs aren't trading JoeTed, and there would really be no reason for them to do it. Wall is garbage, Weiman is an AHL backup, and JoeTed is a positive in the locker room and still has the potential to snap out of his funk and be the dominant goalie he was a couple years back. The cap hit really isn't an issue for the Avs, and thankfully management realizes that.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote