View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #123 (permalink)
WCTYSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo Nunez View Post
Actually no but its funny your going to tell me about my Print Shop. We are a sheetfed shop not a web shop. We run Komori L40 5 color 40inch with AQ coating tower. We do tearpads/coupons in the 5000-100,000 QTY range. We have a compactor that a paper recycle company gives us and then they profit from the recycled paper. I also could care less how Quad or RRD run their business if thats who you are ref. Both constantly lose money and then raise more and more capital by diluting common shareholders. We shred and chop valid coupons as instructed by our Fortune 500 clients. Bigger isn't better.
Never seen a printer that does low end coupons on a sheet fed press. Seems this fortune 500 company that has sourced you guys has more money that brains. Komori is a nice press and I started my printing career on one, though after that I was strictly on Heidelberg presses. A compactor is one thing but you were stating that sheet fed companies shred or chop their press sheets, which is not the case at all. Now if you have a client that has specifically requested that the waste be destroyed in house and is willing to pay for that service, then that is a different issue all together. You might be right though, as maybe Topps and their customers should expect that to happen with their press sheets but it certainly does not seem to be the case.

No, I have not worked for Quad Graphics or Donnelly, they are printing company consolidators. I have worked in Chicago and here in Texas, on presses that you could only droll over.
WCTYSON is online now   Reply With Quote