View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #53 (permalink)
justice41

The incentive card program is the route of what may be considered false value of this or that artist. Acar was a sensation right out the box. The Glebes I believe did a set before they became incentive artists Same with Perna and Tan. Being an incentive artist creates a false belief that from that set these are the only cards from them but i don't think anyone has added up just how many cards an incentive artist has to produce. I don't know. 5 cards 10, 100, 200? Other companies then take that idea that these are the top artists hire them then tout them as their top artists. A false belief is then created, but actual counting of cards will eventually reveal they aren't that scarce in the overall. So what you then have left is is the artwork good and is the subject matter a decent theme. If I collected that would be my only criteria. When I look through cards I completely dis regard the artist, I look only at the theme and if the artist(s) stuck with the theme. If a set is about the Avengers, I only want to see avengers etc. etc.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote