View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #309 (permalink)
TASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Exactly. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but there's no such thing as a "mild" concussion. You either have one or you don't. There are certainly varying levels, but a concussion is a concussion. And as rippit said, everyone recovers differently.

Regardless of how serious it is, I hope he fully recovers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Keep in mind that Crosby was initially diagnosed with a "mild" concussion back in 2011. There really is no such thing as a mild concussion, the recovery just depends on the person.
Reports on Bergeron are accurate and he was present at the game last night, and I realize both of you are referring to Marchand and based on initial status reports the diagnosis sounds like they are being very cautious with this information.

There is a reason why they have 'categories' for the severity of the concussion and they base that condition on evaluations over specific time intervals as well as symptoms the player is exhibiting over that time frame etc.

Where I feel optimistic over the catagory 'Mild' is because based on past history (specifically here with Boston's medical staff) shows the majority of players returning to normal activity within 2-3 wks., which in most instances is a very cautious approach to dealing with the symptoms and their after effects.

Obviously none of us are doctors, but one thing I can say about the Bruins medical staff is they typically report the 'worse case' scenerio, which I prefer as it prepares us the fans for the worse.

Make note I am just trying to convince myself that it's "Mild' in comparison with 'Moderate' or 'Severe' and Marchand will return sooner than later!

Last edited by TASS; 04-12-2013 at 01:37 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote