View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #629 (permalink)
premium1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I'll go on record as saying it isn't. I'm not a fan of a huge auto checklist because it substantially decreases the product's value long term as most of those guys will wash out, regardless of whether they are Top 100 prospects or not. Just go back a few years and look at a Top 100 list and count up how many guys' chrome autos have much value at the present time, especially the guys ranked 40 and lower (which is where most of the prospect autos in this product fall).

BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Rankings: Top 100 Prospects: 2007 Top 100 Prospects

I'll take a product with a smaller auto checklist and a solid shot of pulling a top guy over this product all week and twice on Sunday.
That is exactly why I like it. If you have a small checklist, you see the odds of those players making it. The bigger the checklist the bigger the chance of a few making it big. All it takes is 1 or 2. All I know is that I have been busting Bowman for years, and as far as pre-release, none of the others have looked like this. You can always look back at busts or breakouts, but as of this point, I don't think there is any question at all that this one ranks #1. And this is coming from someone who is usually VERY critical of Topps.