View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #990 (permalink)
Ajax1723

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoot2 View Post
NC, this is where you are wrong. A good prospect auto is a good prospect auto. There is a ton of Jorge Soler autos out there from chrome, like 1600 base.

Those sell for 50+ right now and he hasn't been playing the greatest.

EDIT: THey were never around $100 at release, maybe the first one got $90 or so, but I was watching most when Chrome released and they were around $60. Then winter hit they dipped even more around $40, ST hype got going and they were back around $60.

Buxton, Correa and a few others are going to always sell well (at least unless they completely tank and fall off the face of the earth). Doesn't matter how many base chrome autos there are out there.

The right guys will always sell well, it doesn't matter how many base autos there are.

IMO.
I agree with this, and also think color autos on average will fall 2 per case in jumbo.

Topps is usually conservative with their odds, and overall for a print run, for full unbiased reviews on cases, you see cases that beat the odds more than cases that don't. Blue autos may be stated 1:99, but in reality it could be something like 1:80 or so. It happens, but obviously we'll see when the product hits.

Even with the current odds, color autos will fall around 2-3 per case (.67 color rookie autos, 1.58 color prospect autos).
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote