View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #996 (permalink)
auctionjmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
One could argue from a different standpoint as well. We all know that everyone wants to be a prospector these days. If the print run was raised by 30% (just throwing a number out there) then who is to say that the prospecting world has not also grown by 30%. If that is the case there will be the same average number of buyers for the same average number of cards.

I think you are an intelligent person, but you seem to be jumping to some conclusions with this product. You are assumming everything on the bad side and making no assumptions for the positives. Maybe you are just too familiar with how Topps does business...lol. I am making the same assumptions with Bowman Chrome, so its all good.
Good point, and that hasn't been discussed yet. This market has definitely grown each year since 2010. I see it at card shows, I see it on eBay, I see it on forums. For a hobby that almost died, it has really come screaming back.