View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #998 (permalink)
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
One could argue from a different standpoint as well. We all know that everyone wants to be a prospector these days. If the print run was raised by 30% (just throwing a number out there) then who is to say that the prospecting world has not also grown by 30%. If that is the case there will be the same average number of buyers for the same average number of cards.

I think you are an intelligent person, but you seem to be jumping to some conclusions with this product. You are assumming everything on the bad side and making no assumptions for the positives. Maybe you are just too familiar with how Topps does business...lol. I am making the same assumptions with Bowman Chrome, so its all good.
No no, I assume the positive. A higher print run will make the color autos more valuable / more sought after because there's a finite number of them. To me, that's the only positive here though / I see Bowman '13 flopping and thus turning people away from future releases (partly because the sour taste, partly because the money lost)

But I think you raise a good point / although I'm gonna twist it. I would absolutely love for the prospecting market to increase year in and year out but I think it's headed in the opposite direction.

IMHO, every new year brings LESS collectors (and less prospectors) to the table and thus printing more will not satisfy this demand. To me, the demands is already satisfied, and now will be over saturated.