View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #47 (permalink)

Originally Posted by steelers View Post
Yeah, there is a chance his base chrome auto comes down to 75.00, but guess what, if that happens everyone and their mama will be buying them at that price. I know of one big buyer that would take 100 Buxton chrome autos at 75.00 each. I remember lots of people were saying the same thing on Harper chrome autos when they came out. Just wait a while, they will drop and that is the time to buy. Well, they didn't drop much because the demand is so strong for him. I think the same could be said with Buxton. Not comparing the two, but Buxton is playing A LOT better than Harper did in the minors. When a player gets as much press as these guys did, it does not take much for them to jump in price.
Harper was the most hyped prospect ever and even non-baseball fans knew about him because he was on the cover of ESPN magazine and in the majors at age 19. If Buxton was Harper he'd already be playing 130+ games in the majors this year. Clearly that's not going to happen this year and probably not next year either. Harper is a rare talent that could lead the majors in home runs for 5 years straight. That isn't Buxtons game and I'm not taking away from the tremendous start to his career but "chicks dig the longball".

Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post

You really think they come down to $70 with the way he is playing?
They will definitely come down very close if not to $70. Too many available and no prospect has ever substained a $100 value before AA except Harper. Trout was well hyped and put up good numbers and his were only $50 in the offseason of 2011.
ctbinvestments is offline   Reply With Quote