View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
nabzy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
I am pretty much tapped out myself otherwise I would be buying as much as possible. I just recently got into buying $1 Silver American Eagles, so my average per coin is pretty good right now. Wish I had gotten into this when silver was below $10 an ounce.
In a few years you'll have people saying they wish they bought in at under $20/oz. I don't think you'll ever see under $10/oz. again. People/suppliers would not sell. They'd just put a $5 premium on generics if they had to sell.

Personally, anything below $20/oz. to me is a firesale. Right now, if you use the factor .715 as the conversion value of 90% silver coins, as it would have been in 1964, you come up with just about what a gallon of gas is selling for at the rate it was in 1964. As a commodity to commodity comparison, if silver goes below this price it's at right now, it's the buying opportunity of a lifetime all over again, like '08. I mean, unless you think gas is going to $2/gallon again soon. Oil was the basis of valuing the dollar and the inverse of that is also true. It was dubbed the 'petrodollar' for a reason. As a reserve currency, there are some support levels that are much stronger than others for different reasons.

If you have a quarter from 1964, it bought you a gallon of gas then. If you have a quarter from 1964 today, the value of the silver content will buy you a gallon of gas at this $20/oz. level. That puts the value of a silver quarter at $3.59.

As luck would have it, I went and got gas just a half hour ago. The price per gallon? $3.5999.

Wrap your mind around that and, if silver goes lower, you know what to do.
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote