View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
mfw13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprice View Post
It is very easy to be throwing stones at us from afar.

Both Mays and Aaron have been asked to participate for the last six years and have refused to do a Sportkings deal because we don't take enough signatures.

Perhaps you could assist me in securing their rights, please email me if you can help.

We don't repeat Sportkings that have been done before, so I would say with Namath, Marino, Unitas, Young, Elway, Montana, etc we have had lots of football superstars.

Ronaldo is in the product with hard-signed autographs, he refused to allow us to do a base card. If you could help with this one it would appreciated as well.

I thought it was a great coup to get him to sign for us.

Perhaps I am being a little sensitive but mfw13 if you can do better, let me know.

Brian Price
Mr. Price,

Your product sells for $90/box (at least on Blowout). You only get five cards per box. I was just making the point that for me, at least, the Series F checklist does not contain enough big names, and therefore provide enough value, to get me to buy any boxes this time around (I'm a pretty die-hard sports fan, and even I have never heard of twelve of the names on the checklist).

You want us to buy your product...you need to provide us good value for our money. And since I'm not a gambler, and I don't collect memorabilia/relics/autos, etc., I'm not the type of collector who is going rip boxes/cases of your product looking for the "hit" that will enable me to make my money back. You've structured your product (three base, 1 mini, 1 hit) to appeal to gamblers, and therefore you have to realize that it is less likely to appeal to collectors like me.

One thing you may or may not realize is that many of your collectors ONLY collect the base cards. So the quality of the base card checklist is of primary importance to us. And while I realize that getting many superstars into Sportkings is both extremely difficult and expensive, at the price point you charge per box, there needs to be more of them.

It's not just about Mays or Aaron...where are Mantle, Koufax, Spahn, Feller, Drysdale, Berra, Frank Robinson, McCovey, Palmer, Brett, Boggs, Puckett, Greg Maddux, and Randy Johnson? Where are Otto Graham, YA Tittle, Blanda, Bradshaw, Staubach, Tarkenton, Swann, Payton, Campbell, Fouts, Emmitt Smith or Ronnie Lott? Or how about Bob Cousy, Elgin Baylor, Willis Reed, Kareem, Dr. J, and Patrick Ewing? Bobby Orr, Bobby Clarke, Mike Bossy, Denis Potvin, Bryan Trottier, Paul Coffey, Ray Bourque, Steve Yzerman, Nick Lidstrom, Dominik Hasek, Mike Modano, or Mike Eruzione? John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors, Boris Becker, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Michael Chang, Rod Laver, Bille Jean King, Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, or Monica Seles? And how about some American soccer players such as Alexi Lalas, Claudio Reyna, Eric Wynalda, Brad Freidel, Cobi Jones, John Harkes, or Kasey Keller?

Yeah, I realize that a lot of the names on that list are expensive and or difficult for you to get, but there are also a lot of them who would not be that difficult or expensive to get, and who would constitute a marked improvement over some of the names that do appear in Series F.
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote