View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw13 View Post
If you read my post carefully, you would have noticed that I mentioned that I only collect the base cards. I have never collected the autographs, and never will.

So to answer your question, I don't really care about whether or not the players in Sportkings have had numerous autos in other products....all I care about is having an improved base card checklist with more stars/superstars and fewer totally obscure athletes. I'm pretty much a walking sports encyclopedia (as my wife and friends would tell you), but when a quarter of the checklist is people I have never heard of, that's a bit much.
Fair enough. I wasn't too clear on your post, I thought you had made a typo and meant you buy simply for resale! Now that I read it over, I see I missed your point .

The base cards do look great, but I do agree with you, that the checklist certainly isn't loaded. That being said, the cost of acquisition, as mentioned by Dr. Price, was probably very steep, if they (the athletes) even considered it.