View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
Deathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think the short notice certainly has an impact. There was a lot of build up to the pre-sale of Carnival with artist previews and a lot of chatter. I knew this one was coming, but it still seemed to come out of nowhere. Knowing you have a good shot at a case in August is also probably slowing things down a bit.

The slow eBay sales for Carnvial sketches may also be slowing some people down a bit. I'm sure that is not stopping the usual dealers, but it might be stopping some people that thought Carnival was going to be a 'double your money in one weekend' rip and flip.

Personally, I'm very intrigued by the idea of INSECTEA and THE DEEP but I think 1000 is just too big for niche sketch releases like these and will probably sit both of them out. There will be singles galore available when they release so I can always pick and choose a small collection if I'm so inclined.
I'll definitely be picking up singles of both, as I can afford them, but I always grab 3 packs in preorder, for the chance at hitting one of those artists that I could never afford to buy singles. Plus, I can say that I have never been disappointed with any sketch I've pulled from any Viceroy product. And the only Viceroy sketch I've gotten rid of was to trade for THE Carnivale sketch I've lusted after since the preview came out, namely Mike Vasquez's Voodoo Ringmaster sketch.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote