View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #481 (permalink)
Noahkalifungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConRyl View Post
Really like the look of the 2013 Topps Pro Debut cards, very nice successes!
Thanks!! Pro Debut is one of my favorite sets for TTM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
Nice McGuire. When I was coaching in Washington he was a well known name. Ironically, a kid from our league was taken as a first round catcher last year. Pretty amazing that a smaller state like Washington where you only play a handful of baseball games a year due to the weather yielded two first round catchers.

Clint Coulter, the other catcher, was overdrafted in my opinion. I've seen that kid crush the ball, but the majority of the time, throw him a hook and he won't touch it. Surprised that he went in the first round. His high school coach, long time MLB'r Tom Lampkin, was hyping him since his frosh year. Usually when a veteran big leaguer like that is broadcasting how amazing this kid is, and how he is a sure fire big leaguer people are going to listen, unfortunately I think Lampkin snake oil sold Coulter. McGuire on the other hand is the real deal no questions about it
Interesting take, it's sick that you get such an insider's look into these things. Coulter definitely had a rough go with the Timber Rattlers to open the season. Reese has such a nice swing, I could definitely see him claiming the dish in Pittsburgh some day.