View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #483 (permalink)
Noahkalifungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
well its only a few guys i got to see first hand... not a lot of prospects coming out of the pacific northwest... i knew of mcguire because we were potentially going to have to square off with him in the playoffs his sophomore year and he was already making noise around the state then...
Coulter went to Union HS which was about a mile and a half from the school I coached at, so we knew him very well... He was also a state champion division 1 level wrestler and took his senior year off to commit to Baseball.. Another kid that was out of the Vancouver/Camas area that was a top notch catcher was a kid named Austin Barr who is at Stanford now... it was a pretty tough league. We had Tommy Thorpe who is Oregon's Ace and a few other schools had drafted pitchers... It was a fun time to be coaching in that small area...
Haha wow that's sick.

---------

4 more returns today!

Mauricio Cabrera c/o Rome Braves in 9 days

Nice return from the Braves' #7 prospect. He's had a strong year in Rome, striking out 81 over 92.1 innings.

Max Fried c/o Fort Wayne Tin Caps in 15 days

Awesome return from the #7 overall pick in last year's draft!!! He and Giolito were drafted out of Harvard-Westlake in LA. I got something else signed by Fried, but I'll keep it a secret for now

Nick Martinez c/o Myrtle Beach Pelicans in 10 days

Martinez is having a fantastic year in high A Myrtle Beach, compiling a 3.18 ERA over 96.1 innings while punching out 77. He also wrote me a very nice note!

Ty Blach c/o San Jose Giants PO Box in 8 days

So pumped about this return from the Giants' 5th round pick last year out of Creighton. He is having a phenomenal, breakout season in San Jose, going 10-3 so far with a sparkling 2.63 ERA and 91 Ks over 95.2 innings. The most ridiculous stat of all though is walks- he has given up just 9!! Nine walks in 95.2 innings is simply astounding. There isn't a single MLB pitcher who has had control even near that this year. Sorry for the long blurb, but this kid deserves it with the year he's been having.