View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #456 (permalink)
DaClyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
1) They say minimum 1 dollar value per card. With all these inserts/numbereds/ rcs i am sending in, how much can I really expect to get per card. If I put 50 percent BV is that too high?? I want to sell, but I want to sell to people who really need the card, and are willing to pay a better than average(ebay) price for it.
I think COMC has some advantages over eBay when it comes to purchasing and pricing. If yours is the only copy of a particular card on COMC, you can usually get a bit more for it.

Also lots of sellers don't cash out often (if at all) and just use their store credit to buy more cards. As a result, if someone sees cards they can get more for a card you have, they'll buy it or make an offer, and turn right around and flip it. No shipping, so there's a lot of money to be made in flipping. Price how you think will sell, but leave some room for offers. If you list it for 65% BV and someone offers 35% BV, you've got some room to negotiate and possibly still unload that card for 50% BV.

And again...if someone had a card that they sell for $50 on COMC that they pulled from a $3 pack, they're a bit less stingy with that kind of money since they just made around 1600% profit on that card. There's a good chance they'll go drop it on that card listed for 70% BV that they haven't been able to find anywhere else.

People tend to spend more freely with store credit built from nothing than they would with cash out of pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
2) How long does it take to start seeing my cards pop up in the catalog if I sign up for 8 week service?
Just shy of 8 weeks. They usually manage to shave a few days off the end, but when you pay for 8 week service, don't expect them to pop up before 7 weeks.
DaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote