View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #456 (permalink)

Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
1) They say minimum 1 dollar value per card. With all these inserts/numbereds/ rcs i am sending in, how much can I really expect to get per card. If I put 50 percent BV is that too high?? I want to sell, but I want to sell to people who really need the card, and are willing to pay a better than average(ebay) price for it.
I think COMC has some advantages over eBay when it comes to purchasing and pricing. If yours is the only copy of a particular card on COMC, you can usually get a bit more for it.

Also lots of sellers don't cash out often (if at all) and just use their store credit to buy more cards. As a result, if someone sees cards they can get more for a card you have, they'll buy it or make an offer, and turn right around and flip it. No shipping, so there's a lot of money to be made in flipping. Price how you think will sell, but leave some room for offers. If you list it for 65% BV and someone offers 35% BV, you've got some room to negotiate and possibly still unload that card for 50% BV.

And again...if someone had a card that they sell for $50 on COMC that they pulled from a $3 pack, they're a bit less stingy with that kind of money since they just made around 1600% profit on that card. There's a good chance they'll go drop it on that card listed for 70% BV that they haven't been able to find anywhere else.

People tend to spend more freely with store credit built from nothing than they would with cash out of pocket.

Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
2) How long does it take to start seeing my cards pop up in the catalog if I sign up for 8 week service?
Just shy of 8 weeks. They usually manage to shave a few days off the end, but when you pay for 8 week service, don't expect them to pop up before 7 weeks.
DaClyde is online now   Reply With Quote