View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #460 (permalink)
jetscollector10

Great advice.

Thanks all for the input.

I will check the site right now for cads i am sending in.

I was going to send 500 in. I just have way too many cards, and need to dump these jerseys/rcs etc. If they don't sell, i can always get them back.

But I am definitely excited to try this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac56 View Post
You've gotten some great advice from a couple of guys already (I wish I would have known about this site before I sent my first batch in) but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I'm a new seller on COMC (less than a month) as well and I've moved more than half of my inventory in that time. When I got into COMC I was mainly just looking to sell stuff that has been sitting in boxes for a while and pick up some extra $$ for cards that I want. I priced my cards very low (about 85% discount at first) and sold a bunch in the first few days. Most of those were purchased and relisted by other sellers. Some of those are still sitting in someone else's inventory while others sold again for much higher than I had them priced. After the first few days, I adjusted my prices (down to about an 80% discount) and have been moving a few cards a week.

Even at an 80% discount, people still make offers for lower purchase prices so don't be afraid to set a lower discount rate (as DaClyde suggests) because you will get offers so give yourself some room to work.

In the end I think you can move your cards for the price you want but it will take some time. I agree with Cactuspies - send in 50 or 100 cards to start. It will give you a chance to get familiar with how it all works then add more inventory after you are comfortable. Also, try to search for some of the cards you plan on sending in - see what others are selling it for and how many are in stock. That will give you an idea of what cards are more likely to sell.

Hope this helps and good luck!
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote