Thread: My Results
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #103 (permalink)
iuhoosierbb

I went to the Tennessee Smokies game against the Carolina Mudcats last night since the Smokies are the AA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs and I am a die hard Cubs fan. I knew that Starlin Castro was playing with the Smokies until he gets called up soon. I got him on a couple team signed balls last year, but wanted to get some other autos of him....and it went great! My wife and I were able to get several items signed by him....many of his family members were also in town to watch him play. His cousin was a really nice guy and we ended up talking with him lots throughout the night...he even bought me a beer. I also got the Reds top prospect Yonder Alonso to sign a ball and card (although he is not the friendliest guy out there and did not seem to want to sign even though we were the only two people near him). A pleasant surprise last night...Eric Davis the former Red was helping out their team and was coaching first base. I was able to get him to sign a ball for me and we shook hands...he was very pleasant and personable in person as well. Of course we also got some team signed balls from the Cubs prospects and lots of pictures. Here are some of the autos from last night...
Attached Thumbnails
My Results-img_0001.jpg   My Results-img_0002.jpg   My Results-img_0003.jpg   My Results-img_0007.jpg   My Results-img_0006.jpg  

Last edited by iuhoosierbb; 04-23-2010 at 02:15 PM.
iuhoosierbb is online now   Reply With Quote