View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #610 (permalink)
Noahkalifungo

6 returns to open the week!

---------

Cory Spangenberg c/o San Antonio Missions in 12 days

Awesome return from the #10 overall pick in the 2011 draft. He's a great young signer; this is my third success from him over the past couple years and an awesome addition to the Pro Debut set! I'm a little bummed about the faded black sharpie, but when you send to a guy this many times you can't expect all of them to come out well! Spangenberg earned a midseason callup to AA San Antonio, and is hitting .287/5/45 over both levels with 35 SBs. He should make it to Petco Park sooner rather than later!

Correlle Prime c/o Grand Junction Rockies in 10 days

Awesome return from the Rockies' 2012 HS draftee. He has played all of 2013 so far in short season GJ, where he has played 43 games and is hitting .305/6/32 with 9 steals. At 6'5, he could definitely mature into an all-star caliber first baseman.

Matt Price c/o Frederick Keys in 11 days

Sick return from the O's relief prospect and their 7th round pick in 2012. As noted in the awesome inscription, he had plenty of success at South Carolina, winning the CWS with the Gamecocks twice. This year, he was pitching very well in low A (2.70 ERA, 21 K's in 20 innings) to earn a high A promotion, where he has struggled so far.

Lex Rutledge c/o Frederick Keys in 11 days

Another great return from an O's relief prospect, Lex being their 6th round pick in 2012. He played his college years at Samford, where he garnered scout's attention with his electric fastball that he can crank up to 98 mph. He too had a great opening to the season in low A (1.48 ERA, 43.1 innings with 54 strikeouts, just 28 hits allowed) and earned a high A promotion a few weeks ago.

Justin Grimm c/o Rangers in 23 days

Shocked to get this back, as he was traded to the Cubs just two days after I sent it. They must have forwarded him his mail in AAA, as the SASE was stamped from Des Moines, IA (the Iowa Cubs). Grimm was the most experienced player in the Cubs' haul from the Garza trade.

Rosell Herrera c/o Asheville Tourists in 14 days

Possibly my favorite return of the day. Rosell may be up there with Tyler Glasnow for the best player without a Bowman card yet. The young Dominican SS is having a sensational year, with an insane .355/16/75 line and 20 SBs. He is slugging .544 and has an OPS of .976!!! I was glad to get a nice response to my Spanish note, one of the things he wrote was "Bendiciones, Gracias por seguirme" (Blessings, thanks for following me). Overall a great success!