View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #509 (permalink)
JRCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
No. I have been scanning a handful from each artist as they come in, but the time associated with scanning the thousands of sketch cards that are produced would be incredible. Even just doing a few from each artist is quite time consuming.

That said, we have been politely asking artists to scan theirs, and most do, even if it's for their own sake. But like writing their names legibly, it's not something we'd go out of our way to enforce-- it's just not reasonable or efficient to do so.

My hope, though, is that we can one day do a book like the Mars Attacks/GPK/Wacky hardcovers collecting the best sketches. I think that'd be a lot of fun.
Doing high res scans of my final sketch cards was the last thing I did before FedEX'n them back to Topps. I wanted a record for myself of each card. If a future books happens and print-worthy scans are needed, then GREAT!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the set and boxes of Mars Attacks do well also. I've met many great people over the last month through taking part in the project and would love the success of the set lead to another one next year!

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote