View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
twoten01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
No they collect Arianny because she is hot AND a staple of the sport. She has been there for over 10 years. Nothing more. Same reason people collect Benchwarmers, sports illustrated, playboy cards. You find a girl good looking, you can buy a certified auto or relic of her, why not? I see you bought two Joe Lauzon cards on eBay recently, you have feelings for him? You think collecting his cards means you might have a chance with him? Saying people collect a female fighter or ring girl because they think it will give them a shot with them is seriously the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen on blowout, and believe me, that's saying a lot. Where do you get your news that 95% of the talk is about what they are wearing? The Douchebag Daily? Superior Sex Weekly? Because every time I've read/watched reporting on WMMA 0% of the "talk" is about what they are wearing. It's about the awesome fights they have been putting on, and what a great addition to the UFC they have been. Last week there were 16 fights to get into the house on TUF, I would say 6 or 7 of the best fights involved the women.

Women's MMA is going NO WHERE. It will be in the UFC forever, and if you think different you know NOTHING about the sport, and on top of sounding ignorant you also come off a little sexist. Ronda is retiring when her contract is up, win or lose. WMMA in the UFC is here to stay.
I Buy Joe Lauzon cards, because he is a personal friend of mine, and I train with him, oops there goes your statement of me not watching MMA.(But thanks for taking time out of your busy day, to check me out, I am flattered.)

Exactly you further stated my point, people will only buy cards of female fighters that are good looking, you don't see that as a problem.(And I am the sexist one?) I would much rather watch Sara or Roxanne fight any time over Rousey, and so would most fans that watch MMA and not just the UFC. But lets be real would either of them two, even if they were as dominant as Ronda, get a movie deal, as a main character. Not a chance in hell( Well maybe Roxy in Kick Ass3). That is the flaw with WMMA, the brightest stars are the "prettiest" looking ones, and then when they get to the top of the sport, they bail to become an actress. Also when the best fighter in WMMA is not in the UFC we will never know how good Ronda really is.

And I get my news from mixedmartialarts, you know the site where most MMA fighters including all 4 we posted about, are members. And there are plenty of posts on there from female fighters who complain about the sexism of the sport, it is extremely rampant.
twoten01 is online now   Reply With Quote