View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #420 (permalink)
Michael Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafshelland View Post
This is a keeper league, not a franchise.

If the rule I proposed doesn't pass, then I would say propose a new rule:

RULE PROPOSAL:
For keepers in rds 1-3, penalty to keep is 1 higher rd than the previous year draft. I.e. a 2nd rd pick in the 2013 draft will cost you a 1st rd pick in 2014.

Or MODIFIED RULE PROPOSAL:
All KEEPERS, penalty to keep is 1 higher rd than the previous year draft regardless of draft round.
I vote no to the three year rule, AND no to the rule you proposed. Keeper Leagues are all about drafting for future potential. If someone grabs a rookie with a late round pick, they should be able to reap the benefits of their good choice for years to come. And we all already had agreed rounds one through three are an equal penalty as a keeper (ex. Brees was a second round pick this year, and would valued at a second round pick until he is no longer kept and redrafted by another team...).

We seriously need to stop trying to make new rules until at least the end of the fantasy season. Sorry to everyone whose team isn't doing too well and you're looking towards the future, but we can not penalize those who drafted well to aid those who are now looking toward next season...