View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #621 (permalink)
usafshelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwalker View Post
Only thing about waiting to declare your keepers until you know who everyone else keeps is that what if they wait until the last second? I'm confusing myself lol but it's impossible for everyone to wait until the keepers are concrete to lock their own keepers in. Will it be reverse standings like the draft or everyone on the same day during the preseason or is it even a big deal to people.
Lol I'll go ahead and say as of now mine are Thomas Moreno and Manning
but if I can get a second round pick somehow I'd love to keep Marshall

Good point tho USAFSHELLAND on declarations in preseason, also going to be interesting to see how the nfl draft will incorporate into our draft strategies
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
JB- This was what you said to multiple managers agreeing on it being reverse standings draft order. You thought of the method you were talking about but others werent for it and you ended up saying what I quoted above. The conversation is on page 7 if you want to check it out.

Yes. This is exactly what we agreed on.

^^
I also like the process that Eric mentioned.
After thinking about it, yes, it will be almost impossible to plan for keepers until you know what another manager is keeping, unless you are for sure locked in. (I for one am locked in unless I can get some kind of amazing trade). Maybe based on final REGULAR season games, the #1 team has to commit to keepers by x date, then the #2 team by x date, etc. So the benefit will go to the #12 team for planning out their keeper list (team whom finishes the worst in regular season).

We'd have to work on timing though... person A has until 12 hours after the final game of preseason week 4 to declare, person B 24 hours, person c 36 hours, etc. FINAL keeper declaration would take approximately 6 days from the end of preseason week 4, but I don't think it will actually take all 6 days to do so. Should you not declare a FINAL list of keepers during the week leading up to the draft, your INITIAL keeper list will be institutionalized for your team.

Thoughts?

Respect goes both ways...
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote