View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #1062 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
This is a great point that I think a lot of collectors don't see. Frankly I don't talk about it because nobody wants to hear about my problems. But it's very true. I don't do this for money because I have a 9-5 job, although I welcome the additional income. I do this because I love it. I work all day, come home and play with my daughter til it's her bedtime, then I stay up from 8:00 til 2:00-3:00 in the morning doing these 6 out of 7 days a week (I usually give myself Friday night off). Then I'm up again at 6:30 to start the next day. I never get enough sleep, and Jason's right about being physically ill - this will take a toll. But at the end of the day, it's awesome to have your name attached to so many cool projects. Some of us sacrifice A LOT to put this artwork out there. I'm sure it can be just as tough on the manufacturer's side.

Then the sets come out, and the voices we hear above most is BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH because you're not making bank on your gamble. As an artist I have to shrug it off and make lemonade with it, otherwise it'll eat me alive. But I come to this site because I enjoy collecting, and this constant complaining on every set takes a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I'm starting to vent here too much, I'm gonna take a step back.
and i work 8:30-5 and get home and play with my daughter and then get sick over breaking, sorting, listing, scanning, packaging, and hoping i don't lose my rear on a bad release for whatever reason. the point is we ALL have stuff in our lives.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote