View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #109 (permalink)
marino5084
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I kind of see both sides of this. Joel made the videos and put them out into the public. Once you do that you are welcoming anything that occurs. Maybe he gets mocked, maybe he makes new friends, maybe he becomes a huge Youtube star which leads to movie roles an Oscar and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The point is that Joel by what I can gather is a pretty smart guy. He chose to put this videos out and is aware of the downfalls. I have no sympathy for any comments made towrds them or hard feelings he may get from them. However, I don't feel the need to attack him personally.

Are the videos corny and self absorbed? Sure. Would I have done them? No. Is my life any more exciting than his which would have made for more entertaining videos? Probably not. Therefore I don't see how people have the "right" to make fun of him but also have a hard time criticizing them for doing it. Live and let live is certainly the higher moral ground. I wish I could say that it is always the road I take but sadly I can't.
I can't say I always take that road either but I choose not to make fun of people as I am no better than the next person. It's unnecessary and can be harmful.

Thank you for taking the time to at least think about it and respond in the manner that you did.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote