View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
thetheham

And the Fanboi Follies rage on....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBuffalo View Post
So I didn't want to continue with this thread, but here is some light-reading for you:

From TSN, you know, the leader in NHL reporting:

Crosby tops list again in NHL on TSN Top 50 Players Ranking

I think you'll enjoy #'s 1 and 3 specifically. To respond also to your reply to me about what "hockey circles" I'm referring to, please enjoy the paragraph that states that this list was made by 14 NHL GM's and coaches. Those, are hockey circles.
No, those are a speculated minority of actual NHL positioned opinions. Are their names printed? Of course not. Why is that? Tampering? Come on now. If this was actually polled, yet, the names of those interviewed cant stand behind their decision, well, sorry, seems more media created for ratings then an actual, honest poll to me. I mean, it isn't like Bettman hasn't had a history of pushing Sid down the throats of everybody until the point of ridiculous to try and create some sort of excitement about the NHL in hand picking him as his Lebron and failed miserably in the states by the simple fact nobody cares about the guy outside of Pittsburgh. Who wouldn't expect Sid to be on the Top of the list on a TSN show? Really now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Yes, I did see what you did there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
and right from the start, this is just one example of why there's no legitimate debate here. Crosby haters are blinded by their irrational hate (or maybe it's secret love) of Crosby.
Theres no legitimate debate here only because Crysby fanboi's don't want to hear that their hero just isn't good enough to be considered the best in the game.

Love all the innuendo you seem to type out tho. Wonderful and thoughtful.
Quote:
how exactly has Ovechkin been more dominant?
Well, just by basing it off of regular season totals and awards, Suid has a whole lot of catching up to do.
Quote:
he scores goals... but he doesn't win as much.
Sid doesn't win as much as Toews. Wait.......
Quote:
his overall stats aren't as good.
More career points aren't as good? Oh wait, Sid is always injured. The league should stop every time he hurts himself?
Quote:
he doesn't make those around him that much better (see, Kunitz).
Huh? Kunitz was a good player before he got to Pittsburgh. You know this, correct? He played on Getzlaf's line and produced almost similar numbers with his highest point total being one point higher while playing with Sid then it was while playing with Getz. Trying to short change an NHL player to prop up Sid? (smh)
Quote:
Ovechkin is a great goal scorer.... if that's what determines dominance then we can end the whole debate right here because Crosby has more goals than Toews. so, therefore, Crosby is dominant over Toews by your logic.
Is that how it works now? OV's award vestibule has no bearing on being a dominant player, only his goal scoring prowess? Or is it, again, on account of injuries that Sid should have all the awards OV has accumulated during the same time frame and that, for the sake of Sid, the entire league should stop playing until he deems himself physically fit to play again and mob up every award. Doesn't work that way. During the regular season, OV has been the better, more dominant player. During the playoffs, where it actually matters, Toews has been the better player. Sid? He is a very good player in the regular season and a bit player in the playoffs. History and fact point this out considerably.
Quote:
that's pretty much the definition of subjective. it was given to him by a committee. and we won't even bother discussing the ethical lapses of Olympic committees.
Wait, but the integrity of NHL journalists is any better?
Quote:
here's that irrational hatred (love) again. let's see... he scores goals, he creates opportunities/assist for others, he keeps his team winning, he's been to 2 Finals and won 1 Cup, so far. then there's the scoring titles, mvp, olympic gold, etc. not to mention he represents as the face of the NHL.
Well, Toews has 2 Cups, a Conn Smythe, Olympic goal, Olympic best forward, Olympic AS,scores goals, creates for his team mates, is the best defensive forward in the game, the best leader on the ice bar none, led the league in ES goals last year, etc,etc,etc. And the fact he does it all on the biggest stages exemplifies what a winner truly is.
Quote:
stop acting as if Toews has 5 Cups and Crosby has none. Toews has 1 more, Crosby has plenty of seasons left in him and this is his first healthy one if 4 years.
And Toews has just hit his prime while Sid is in his. Theres plenty of time for Toews, who has won more in two less years then Sid to accomplish even more.
Quote:
and when Chicago doesn't win the Cup this year, and they won't, i'll be sure to remind you of your prediction.
Fine. The pundits said the same thing last year too. That worked out.....
Quote:
spin it however you want... Toews wasn't even on the ice. Crosby took control, made the play and scored the winning goal.
I never said he was. I stated he took the opening FO and was out because the USA's most dangerous player, Kane, was out there during the 4 on 4. Not hard to comprehend that Toews took on all the tough assignments but again, Bergeron learned a whole lot from him during this time.
Quote:
for years to come when Canadians remember the Gold Goal they'll talk about Crosby, mention Iginla but Toews will never come up.
LOL. This must be why Toews Olympic jersey sales were the highest of all the players on the '10 Canada team. That damn Iggy, he kills the momentum.

Wait, you did know that, right?

Quote:
the title of your thread is almost proof enough.... Toews vs Crosby. as i've said before, no debate about who is the best takes place unless it's [insert name] or Crosby. he's the standard which others, including Toews, are judged by.
Well, right now, Crysby needs to measure up to Toews, just saying.

Ill get back to the rest later. Good job guys.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote