View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 03:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
thetheham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
I love this guys argument. Ill lay it down like this
Please do. I haven’t seen one shred of evidence that says Sid is a better player then Toews.
Quote:
Crosby created 2 20+ goal scorers. Who you ask? Ryan Malone and Colby Armstrong. Where is Colby and Malone now?
Created how? Like the Wizard in Lord of the Rings created orc’s? Oh wait, you are trying to say he turned plugs into skilled players? Hmm. Malone? Sid assisted on 20 of the 55 goals Malone scored while they played together during the regular season….in three years. Malone went on to produce three more 20 goal season in Tampa Bay. The guy is a consistent 20 goal scorer without Sid, who, again, created 20 goals in three years for Malone. Now Armstrong? He played about three and a half years in Pittsburgh and never produced a 20 goal season. His best season came away from Sid. So, are you trying to say that Sid was the main reason for their development? Or did you just throw two names up there without actually looking thru statistical evidence?
Quote:
Who did Toews make better? Kane? Kane was already better.
Well, during last years playoffs, Toews turned a plug in Bickell into a force. I mean, after Toews melted down, they put Bickell on his line and wouldn’t you know it, he took off.Set him up for the series changing goal against the Bruins, even Now, I understand that even last years playoffs might be a little too long to remember but work with me. Last year when both Hossa and Sharp were out, Q threw Michael Frolik a bone and put him on Toews wing. Frolik went on to have the only three point game in his career if memory serves me. Now, Frolik isn’t a plug, but he sure wasn’t anything special either.
Not to mention the Hawks second defensive pairing of Oduya and Hammer became all world because Q knew he could put them out there with Toews also on the ice and faced the other teams top lines. Now, if you don’t believe me, please check the Corsi stats. Oduya and Hammer were good, but Toews, unlike Sid with those two examples you tried to pass off, made them great.
And no offense, Kane certainly isn’t better then Toews.
Quote:
How many MVP's does Toews have?
How many Conn Smythes does Sid have?
Quote:
How many Scoring titles does Toews have?
How many Selke awards does Sid have?
Quote:
How many Richard Trophys does Toews have?
How many Olympic Best Forwards does Sid have?
Quote:
How many times has Toews matched Crosbys scoring even when Sid was injured for half seasons.
How many times has Sid taken over games defensively or scored the game winning goal during the playoffs when it actually matters most? Toews has more game winning goals in the playoffs then Sid and Sid has played seven more games!! An entire series more experience then Toews.
Quote:
Who were Kunitz and Dupris before Crosby?
Kunitz was a 20 goal scorer playing with Gretzlaf. Dupuis was also a 20 goal scorer before Crosby and during Dupuis two 20 goals season while on Pittsburgh, totally 45 goals, Sid had a hand in 15 of them. Kunitz assisted on 11. Or is this still Sid and only Sid?
Seriously, the Crysby fanbois need to look up stats instead of just saying “Sid is better”. Theres so much the Sid fans fail to comprehend outside of the game logs for that day. SMH, indeed.
Quote:
Toews is a great talent but simple fact is if you put Toews on Pittsburgh the Pens don't win in 2009.
Debatable but purely speculation since there is no such things as time machines. There isn’t a shred of reality in comment only because its like playing make believe.
Quote:
If you put Crosby on Chicago your looking at a possible Dynasty.
You are looking at a dynasty right now in Chicago because of Toews.
Like, lol really…..
Quote:
Also I look at Crosbys whinning as this. If you know your gonna get the call 60% of the time and put your high powered offense on the power play and win more games then I ask you why not? If Toews was as good as Crosby maybe he would use his whinning abilities to grab some more calls.
Well, Toews is a mans man, I guess. That might make it a bit constricting to have to stoop down to those types of levels. He is fine. He wins Cups without them.
Quote:
Until you can answer those questions with Toews having more of those things then Sid you lose.
Well I just did. Does that mean I win?
Quote:
Note to OP you don't beat the Flyers if KANE doesn't score the OT winner. NOT TOEWS
And lucky for Kane, he had Toews playing on another level, winning the Conn Smythe so Kane can make the Flyers crumble so bad that they blew up the entire team afterwards.

Good job guys. Ill respond to the other messages later.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote