View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
eldavojohn

Well, for those of you interested, I just returned from vacation to find a package from Upper Deck awaiting me. It took me a while to comprehend what I was looking at as I looked at the card first thinking a mistake had been made but then saw this letter:

I feel incredibly lucky as this product was over a year old when I called them for the replacement. When I had said which players I would accept as a replacement, I basically quoted many if not all of the entire Wild and Capitals roster. I did make it clear that Nicklas Backstrom (Capitals) is my favorite active player so I guess when they selected the replacement they took that into consideration. This is what is being replaced:

Quote:
MARTIN BRODEUR 2011-12 NHL THE CUP HONORABLE NUMBERS CD# HN-MB #'D TO 30
And this is the beautiful beautiful beautiful replacement (in my eyes easily ten times the card I would have gotten with the redemption):

This is only my second Ovechkin auto (I paid an arm and a leg for my first) and my fifth Backstrom auto so this hard signed card is very warmly welcomed!

In collecting so very rarely do I get to express my gratitude and appreciation towards a company. Topps has let me down so many times in Baseball and Nonsports that I can only say: Hats off to you, Upper Deck! I'm sorry if anyone has had a negative experience with them in the past but I think you can agree this replacement goes above and beyond.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote