View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #121 (permalink)
thetheham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
See whats Toews said in the article you posted....

"Everybody knows Sidney is the guy," said Toews. "I'm just honored to be in the conversation for the captaincy. One way or the other, I'm excited to accept a role like that. If it's more of a leadership role, I'm excited for the challenge."
Of course Toews would say that, he is media savvy. Its doesn't change the fact that Sid asked for permission, like a child asking for a cookie, from his master (Toews). Its ok, Sid Nation, Sid is captain because Toews allowed him to be. But that's just Jonathan Toews for ya and cannot be refuted unless, of course, TSN is just making this up.

I do love what Babcock said about Toews;
"He's earned the right to be a captain with Canada: two Cups, Olympic gold," said Babcock. "I don't know what else he's won. It seems more than that. He's a pro who does it right every day. He's a 200-footer. To me, hes an impressive, impressive man."

Yes, Two Cups, 200 foot player. The same things I have been saying. Great minds do think alike since Babs is the best coach in the NHL.

Oh, such a bitter, bitter pill this must be for Sid fans to take orally, or for the butt hurt, as a suppository. I love it I tell ya, love it.

Good reply.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote