View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #131 (permalink)
thetheham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
Crosby was just showing his class. but, as Toews himself said... "Everybody knows Sidney is the guy, I'm just honored to be in the conversation for the captaincy."
LOL, in this world of politically correctness I wouldnít expect Toews to say anything else, thatís just who he is.
Quote:
clearly, even Toews knows Crosby is the man.
And from the looks of it, after asking for Toews permission, it looks like Sid knows who his master is.
Quote:
aka... he's a jack of all trades, master of none.
Yes. That Selke award Toews has surely says he isnít the best defensive forward in the league and just wings it in his own zone.(chuckles)
Quote:
i mean, he's only 20 points behind Crosby at this point in the season. not to mention that Crosby has more face off wins, hits, blocks, power play points, etc.
Great points, but then again, Toews has a higher FO win percentage, his on ice shot differential is an ungodly 21.14 compared to Sidís 10.78, rendering Sid blocked shots mute, he averages almost one whole minute more on the PK then Sidís .30 average while Sid compensates his defense by averaging almost a whole minute more per game on the PP. Which is funny considering at ES Sid only has 9 points on Toews. I mean, if Toews had one more minute on the PP per game, lord knows how many more points he would have. But alas, Toews doesnít pad stats. His +/-, compared to Sid, is getting laughable, while their QoC is almost identical. Sidís 3 more hits then Toews really pushes him into the bruiser category. Toews, btw, has 10 more takeaways while Sid truly shines in giving away the puck compared to Toews, which, if you look at puck possession averages.
Shall I go on? Or are advanced stats just a little too complicated?
Quote:
and Pittsburgh has also won more games than Chicago... so Sid is winning the "wins" too. indisputable.
Well, the Hawks have more points and five less losses. Indisputable evidence that the Hawks just donít lose. Couple in last years stats, and the Pens, only this year in a little more then half a season, have almost as many losses as the Hawks have had in two years combined. Now I know last year was a shortened season, but facts are still facts.
Quote:
and, despite his being polite and "asking permission" (some reporters words, not Sid's), Crosby is the Captain of Team Canada... as Toews said, "Crosby is the guy."
Toews also said;
"For Sidney to ask guys for approval, I don't think he needed to do that, but it shows the kind of guy he is,"
Is Toews a liar now?(snicker)
Quote:
hardware? let's see... Stanley Cup, Gold Medal, Hart, Art Ross, Messier, Richard, Lindsay, etc. but yeah, Toews was mvp of his pee wee league or something... that's cool too. let us know when Toews gets a Lindsay... then we'll know his peers feel the same way about him you do. clearly they agree with the rest of us about Crosby. but what do they know, they only share the ice with them.
"He's held in high regard, to say the least, and he's a huge part of the reason why they win as much as they do."- Mike Babcock
ďHe is a truly special playerĒ- Henrik Zetterberg (just last night)
Just two current instances of the opinion of Toews that goes beyond the boys club mentality of the Lindsay award.
Quote:
popularity? no brainer... look in the stands at any Pens away game. measure it by jersey or card sales. whatever you want, Crosby is the face of the NHL.
Never said he wasnít, and might be the biggest reason Toews allowed him to be captain.
Quote:
not sure why, but there was a point where i thought the OP actually wanted to engage in a serious discussion/debate... now i realize he's just repeating nonsense which even he can't actually believe.
Actually, Sid fans donít want to hear any type of debate. They just want to hear how Sid is the best and thatís it repeating the same things like the ďgolden goalĒ and so forth. I mean, it isnít like without Toews playing above everybody else, chances are Sid doesnít even get the chance, but I degress.
Sid asking Toews for permission to be Captain says an awful lot about how, even Sid feels about Toews. Toews is the best player in the NHL and that basically confirms it. It feels good right now, I have to admit.

I will get to the rest of my fans in a bit, don't worry guys.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote