Originally Posted by lindros810
current members that are in (9) : walker, chittychitty, fungi500, trouts, sethmurphy, lindros810, slugger8285, wctyson, yanksbillsfan
no response yet : yanksbillsfan
Anybody else that reads this, we will probably end up with a few openings. If you would be interested, send me a PM. This thread is not a call for new players. Thanks
2014 Discussion - here are some things that we need to discuss/change
1. How many teams do we want this year?? currently 9. get to 12, try to get to 14 or 16?
2. Any new teams that join, do they take over a team? do we re-draft? do we hold 6 and then new teams do a draft with all the players thrown back in until the get to 6.
3. Increase keeper total going forward(my other dynasty league holds 30 of a 39 roster size) Not saying it should be that crazy, but a true dynasty is that way. I think depends on how #1 & #2 are answered
4. No more minors BS, call ups, ect. Increase roster size to 30?? That gives you 16 starters and 14 bench spots. Draft whoever you want. You want 14 single A guys, you got it. While i'm sure there are some, I am not aware of dynasty league that have actually Minor League spots. They give you a roster and you can do what you want with it.
5. I would not change scoring system, I think that is fine. If enough people wanted to change it, i think we would need to re-draft. since this is a points league, a couple little changes can dramatically increase/decrease a players value.
6. Divisions/Payouts will depend on number of teams so that can be decided later.
had some other stuff, but forgetting at the moment. ill be back on tonight for a while
Originally Posted by YanksBillsFan
Thanks for the invite back gents.
I firmly think we need to stay at 12 teams. Anything less is boring with stacked teams. Expanding runs into problems with figuring out ways for new teams to obtain players. Have new guys take over existing teams.
I'm fine with expanding keepers to reflect more of a dynasty league.
Agree about the minors stuff. Just expand rosters and minors count towards roster count.
Scoring is fine, but I've recently gotten into non H2H scoring which was a lot more enjoyable. Most points for the year wins. No more having to worry about running into a bad week in playoffs.
More restriction on pitcher streaming. I've seen far too much of it.
That's all I can think of for now.
1. At least 12, but would still play if not up to the 16 of previous seasons
2. Returning players pick their keepers, then new players draft 6 rounds for their's
3. We could certainly increase keepers but start with just 6 until the new players draft and then increase it going into the following season, otherwise we could not get new managers to play.
4. No problem increasing the roster size and not having dedicated spots for minors.
5. Post the scoring system. It may need to be revised a little. I do not see that being much of an issue as that is a deciding factor with just 6 keepers and then draft after that. I do agree though, no scoring changes during or after the draft.
6. Not sure I care much about the weekly winning payouts but teams that win a division and/or make the playoffs should be rewarded. I also would consider a non-H2H format with the top teams getting final payouts, which with just 12 teams is a solid chance.