View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #243 (permalink)
kajshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
i disagree 100%

If we're already fairly certain that there'll be MORE hits and not LESS hits than advertised, then those with the base slot will get a hit AND the base. Let's say I get a simple GU jersey while the base slot person gets an auto of , idk Al Farouq Aminu... then I'll be pissed that they got a better hit AND base cards even though they paid the same amt as I did for a HIT BREAK. Honestly, I think even if someone hit a Kobe auto in their slot, they have the right to be upset that the extra hit(s) were given to someone else in the break who joined with the same odds as them, and yet were automatically given extra which essentially gave them two spots. Any extra hits should be randomed between all slot-paying members (aka everyone in the break) and not simply defaulted to the ones who have base IMO.
This isn't even up for debate. The original post explicitly stated that any extra hits would go to the base slot holders and subsequent debates prior to the random never disputed that fact. Now that we see there may be extra hits in about 1 out of every 3 boxes (from what I've seen), we can't change that.

I've been in plenty of breaks where I drew the base/extra hit slot and there were no extra hits to be had. As a matter of fact, this is typical. Now, we might have a product where the base slot might actually be coveted, and people are complaining. If you think the base slots are going to be so lucrative, maybe you should make an offer to buy a slot from one of three holders.

I just want to do what's fair. In my opinion, people signed up for this break under the pretense that the base slots would also get extra hits. At the time, we didn't know there would be extra hits. We can't change it now, in my opinion.

If necessary, we can flip a coin or differ to a neutral party (iluvfish2?) to make a final decision. But I don't think it should come to that.